*Everyday Chatter

Another spot on the Rodeo Drive end of Bleecker is opening (for Marc Jacobs?) as beloved Biography Bookshop announces it's moving east--to the non-Beverly Hillsy end of Bleecker...


...The bookshop will be near Cornelia Street, across from the still-empty Zito's Bakery, and it looks like it will be renamed "bookbook":


Butter Lane owner says they don't want to be a bar, they just want to serve wine with cupcakes. [EVG]

...Meanwhile, they're experiencing some suspicious non-cupcake-related (?) odors. [NMNL]

On the gentrification of Park Slope's 5th Ave--and, stop the presses, the NY Post actually quotes and cites a blogger. [HIPS]

It must be Defend Hipsters day. I did it and Mike Albo does it: "I come to you at a time of great tension. I am here today to defend the hipster, and to create lasting peace between hipsters and greater New York City." [NYT]

"I keep picturing Carrie Bradshaw on the High Line, and it terrifies me... I worried that it would one day be overrun with tourists and film crews. I imagined turning on the television to see Carrie stumbling down its promenade with a broken heel, weeping over Mr. Big. How, I wondered, could it possibly retain the tranquillity that made walking along its rusting, decrepit deck such a haunting experience? ...We still need to see what will happen when the High Line gets on the major tourist itineraries." [NYT]

View the corpse of Times Square. [GVDP]

Old Oldsmobile signage on Flatbush. [SNY]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8th St. Hyper-gentrified

Carmelita's Reception House

*Everyday Chatter