Spoonbill Kitties

I generally avoid going to Williamsburg, and when I do go there, I definitely avoid Bedford Avenue. However, someone recently told me to check out the Bedford bookshop Spoonbill & Sugartown, so I braved it. And glad I did--for this encounter with two bookstore cats.

It was a hot, muggy day. The cats were sleepy. The black cat was totally unconscious and immobile. Forget about trying to get a copy of whatever he's sleeping on.



The three-legged tabby was sitting at the back of the store, meowing loudly at a man trying to browse the fiction. He wasn't interested. I gave the tabby some attention and he flopped over and quickly lost consciousness.

One of the joys of New York City is its bookstore cats.
When the bookstores are gone, of course, there will be no bookstore cats. Enjoy them while you can.



For more on these cats, check out their profile at Racked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8th St. Hyper-gentrified

Carmelita's Reception House

*Everyday Chatter