Julius' Egg Creams

I'm happy to add an unusual new addition to my ongoing Guide to Egg Creams.

Julius' Bar has recently added the egg cream to their menu. Not your uncle Morty's egg creams, these are spiked with Bailey's, Kahlua, or vanilla vodka. I opted for the vanilla, which seemed more true to the form.



Though my $10 vodka egg cream was made with the correct ingredients--Fox's U-Bet syrup and fountain seltzer--it is obviously not for egg cream purists.

Uncharacteristically served in a Bud Light pint glass, it's all foam and the taste takes some getting used to. After a few sips of this very strong, boozy mix, however, and you'll be too tipsy to taste it anyway.

I recommend it just for the experience of drinking an egg cream at Julius' wonderful bar.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8th St. Hyper-gentrified

Carmelita's Reception House

*Everyday Chatter