Cosmos to Orion
This past summer, we lost the Cosmos Diner, which had stood at 23rd and 2nd since 1978. Along with it, we lost another example of "Steaks Chops" signage--always a sad occurrence.

2011
When this happens, we tend to think the worst. A Subway. A 7-11. Another diner vanished for an artisanal pork-centric bistro. But sometimes the equilibrium is maintained.
Reader Pat sends in the news that Cosmos has simply become the Orion Diner & Grill. It opens today.

Pat says, "The ceilings are blue painted with white clouds, there is a mural on the wall, and the arrow of the archer on the sign outside has a moving light to suggest an arrow in motion... When I walked by they were having a party inside. The dessert trays in the window were loaded with huge gooey pieces of cake. A Greek Orthodox priest blessed everyone inside. He had a handful of some kind of leaves which he dipped in water and then bopped (I hope that word is not disrespectful) everyone on the forehead with it, uniformed wait staff too! A religious icon was in evidence on a table. So, I know where I am having lunch tomorrow."

2011
When this happens, we tend to think the worst. A Subway. A 7-11. Another diner vanished for an artisanal pork-centric bistro. But sometimes the equilibrium is maintained.
Reader Pat sends in the news that Cosmos has simply become the Orion Diner & Grill. It opens today.

Pat says, "The ceilings are blue painted with white clouds, there is a mural on the wall, and the arrow of the archer on the sign outside has a moving light to suggest an arrow in motion... When I walked by they were having a party inside. The dessert trays in the window were loaded with huge gooey pieces of cake. A Greek Orthodox priest blessed everyone inside. He had a handful of some kind of leaves which he dipped in water and then bopped (I hope that word is not disrespectful) everyone on the forehead with it, uniformed wait staff too! A religious icon was in evidence on a table. So, I know where I am having lunch tomorrow."
Comments
Post a Comment