At an UWS Diner

At a non-descript diner on the Upper West Side, enjoying the quiet until a young couple walks in and sits in the booth behind me. They are loud-talkers.

He: I like to come to a diner every once in awhile to have a Seinfeld experience.

She: Do they have latkes?

He: Sure, they have hashbrowns.

She: I want latkes. I've had a very stressful day!

He: Latkes, hashbrowns, what's the difference?

She: Come on. I've had a very stressful day.

He: Look, they have something called the Colossal Meatball.

She: Colossal balls sound good to me! Ha ha! I've had such a stressful day. Seriously, don't they have any fruit on this menu? How about some organic greens? All they have here is crap.

He: I need a drink.

She orders a fruit, "no melon," and he gets a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. They continue to wish out loud that they were dining someplace else. I wish the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8th St. Hyper-gentrified

Carmelita's Reception House

*Everyday Chatter