Video Gallery

VANISHING

The Video Gallery in Park Slope is closing.

One More Folded Sunset writes, "It had to happen sooner or later. At a time when the video store is practically extinct, the much loved Video Gallery, on Park Slope's Seventh Avenue, will be gone by the end of the month. Last time I returned a DVD there, a couple of weeks ago, the owner, Kathy Smelyansky, waived my late fee, and I guessed the end was in sight."



Recently, I took the above photo, thinking how melancholy is the video store at night, a little lonely. I wondered how long before it was gone. Brokelyn says it's the last video store in the neighborhood.

Says Folded Sunset, "When you go into the store right now, the atmosphere is one of shocked sadness, and appreciation.  We can't believe the place is really closing! There's a sale on in the store & the DVDs are disappearing fast."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8th St. Hyper-gentrified

Carmelita's Reception House

*Everyday Chatter